Friday, January 28, 2011

I went to the baby sitter's house yesterday and...

I cried.
Yes right there in her house, while she held my son, I cried.


Not because I don't think
she will do a good job
she will take care of him right
he will be happy


But because I am sad to think about 

a life without
holding him whenever I want
kissing him whenever I want
playing with him all day
watching him smile and giggle when he first wakes up
and being the first to see him hit each milestone

{and yes I am crying again, ugh!}


But when I took him to work
after the baby sitter's for everyone to meet him,
they were excited to see him {and me, I think}
and said that my students really miss me
and are excited to have me back.


So when I came home 
I told hubby that I'm trying to remind myself
that me going back to work means
that we will be able to live more comfortably
that we can give our baby and future children more
that we can take them to Disney Land
or Disney World
or both


So I will keep saying that
and hopefully it will help this transition.

Mommies out there...
What helped you when you went back?


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry! I know it is so hard when it's time to go back to work. I stayed home w/ Jack for 16 weeks, so when I went back I was kind of "ready" but I still cried like a baby that first day when I dropped him off. My first week back was ok, I guess the excitement of having real adult conversation all day and seeing my work friends, but that second week is hard. I just kept (and still keep) reminding myself that it's good for him to be at school and be around other kids.

    Good luck with your transition.

    ReplyDelete