Sunday, March 27, 2011

CaKe PoPs! A sure winner!

I have made cake balls for my team at work a few times for different occasions.
I wanted to change it up a bit and saw this tutorial by Little Miss Momma! So I decided to make cake pops instead!
They are pretty easy to do, they are actually more time consuming then they are difficult!

Start by making any box cake that you would like. Once it is done, take it out of the oven and tear it apart by mixing it with two forks. 

You want to add a can of complimenting frosting to the mixed cake and let it cool. When it is cool, roll them into palm size balls.

Melt a package of baking chocolate in the microwave. Make sure to melt it for 30 minutes, stir, melt for 30 min, stir.... until the chocolate is fully melted.

I started by dipping the sticks into the chocolate a little before sticking it into the cake ball. I then had some trouble with the sticks going straight through the cake and so I tried it without dipping the stick. To be honest I really am not sure which worked better! You might try both and see which you like best. I bought these lolly pop sticks at wal-mart in the cake decorating section!

After I dipped all the cake pops I stuck them into styrofoam to dry.
I took some of the left over chocolate and added food coloring to decorate the tops of the pops! You could really do anything on top!

These were a huge hit! Everyone loved them so much and can't wait for me to make them again!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Those look awesome!!! Special occasion or just to have fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...those look too yummy. I don't think I could stop at one. No, no....I'd have to have at least six or seven. My kids would love making those!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing!! Excited to try these!!

    The Survival Mama

    ReplyDelete